What is our mine tour?
Honister mine tours offer a unique chance to delve deep underground and understand how our 450-million-year-old volcanic green slate has been mined through the ages.
There is no better way to experience our mines than journeying through the underground passages and great caverns of Fleetwith Pike. During this fully-guided tour, participants will be granted insight into Honister’s rich 350 years of working history, from tales of young miners to explosive special effects and enhanced reality technology.
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for all ages, ideal for rainy days and families.
- Adults £17.50, Children £9.50, Family (2A + 2C) £49.00
- Adults 16+, Children age 3-15, Under 3 free!
- Kids Go Free for Easter: one free child place (under 16) with every paying adult between 24th March & 16th April 2023. Not available in conjunction with any other offer.
- Mine tours take approximately 90 minutes, involve uneven terrain.
- Descending approximately 50 steps (with a handrail)
- The tour includes illuminations and a mock explosion.
- Tours operate multiple times every day
- Tours take approximately 1.5 hours
- Suitable for ALL ages
- Please come prepared with warm clothing and sensible footwear – this is a walking tour. Safety helmets and lamps will be provided by Honister on arrival.
- If you wish to arrange a private tour, or a specific custom tour to your requirements email email@example.com