What is our mine tour?
Are you fascinated by the 450-million-year-old volcanic green slate found in many of the slate mines in the Lake District? Well, here at Honister slate we offer underground mine tours so you can explore the underground world! Check out our mine tours today!
Experiencing our slate mine in the Lake District via our slate mine tour is one of the best ways to view the underground world. Our mine tours will take you through passages and great caverns of the Fleetwith pike. While on this underground mine tour, you will learn about the rich 350-year history of the mine, including tales of young miners and explosive special effects!
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for all ages, ideal for rainy days and families.
- Adults £17.50, Children £9.50, Family (2A + 2C) £49.00.
- Adults 16+, Children age 3-15, Under 3 free! Please select every child’s place when booking.
- Kids Go Free on Mine Tours: For each full paying adult, get one free child place (age 3 – 16) for a limited time only. Not available in conjunction with any other offer. See full terms and conditions.
- Mine tours take approximately 90 minutes and involve uneven terrain.
- Descending approximately 50 steps (with a handrail)
- The tour includes illuminations and a mock explosion.
- Tours operate multiple times every day
- Tours take approximately 1.5 hours
- Suitable for ALL ages
- Please come prepared with warm clothing and sensible footwear – this is a walking tour. Safety helmets and lamps will be provided by Honister on arrival.
- If you wish to arrange a private tour, or a specific custom tour to your requirements email firstname.lastname@example.org