What is Climb in the Mine
The Ultimate wet weather activity for all!
An adrenaline filled adventure deep inside the heart of a Lake District mountain, Climb the Mine is the only one of its type in England.
Climb the Mine follows the route of the original underground mine workings. Complete with vertical climbs, rope-bridge crossings, steel ladder ascents, run-away zip line and Tarzan swing! This ALL WEATHER experience sees participants led deep underground to explore a secret world of hidden passages and magnificent cathedral sized caverns where miners used to extract rock for roofing slates.
After 2 hours of adventure eventually emerge triumphant to a spectacular view of one of England’s highest mountain passes.
- Approximately 3 hours
- ALL under 16’s must be accompanied by a participating adult (18+).
- Suitable in all weather, perfect for a rainy day!
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Minimum Height 1.3 meters
- Maximum weight 18st/114kg, waist measurement max 43 inch, thighs max 27 inches
- All essential equipment will be provided by Honister on arrival.
- Boots or strong shoes required.