What is Via Ferrata Xtreme?
Via Ferrata Xtreme at Honister was introduced in 2012 to provide an adrenaline filled 3 hour activity in the heart of the Lake District without having to travel abroad. No climbing experience is needed to take part in our Via ferrata Xtreme although an good level of fitness is required for this activity as there is mountain edge exposure, vertical ladder climbs, overhang descent, a Burma bridge and a sky ladder to finish.
Once completed there is a short scramble to reach one of the finest views the Lake District has to offer. Buttermere, Crummock and Loweswater, perfectly framed by Alfred Wainwright`s favourite Fell, Haystacks roll’s out before your very eyes. (Views are Weather dependent).
Please note, arrival time must be 30 minutes in advance of the time you have booked, failure to do so will result in participation forfeit. Honister will not reimburse customers for any consequential losses or expenses.
- Minimum age 10 years Minimum height 1m 30cm
- Maximum weight 18st/114kg, waist measurement max 43 inch, thighs max 27 inches
- ALL Under 16’s must be accompanied by a participating adult (18+)
- Professionally Guided ascent, secured to the Mountain by cable. See the best view in The Lake District!
- Please come prepared for all weather conditions with waterproofs, gloves and strong footwear. All essential equipment will be provided by Honister on arrival.
- Duration: approximately 3 hours
- Very environmentally friendly. See totally unique Flora and Fauna safely on this “Site of Special Scientific Interest” (SSSI).
- All weather activity