Via Ferrata Xtreme
Thanks for choosing to visit Honister Slate Mine in these unusual times, we are grateful you have chosen to book an activity with us,
Please note – it is compulsory to wear a face covering at all times when visiting, please use all sanitiser stations and complete the track and trace system when entering, failure to do this may result in refusal of entry.
In the event that you cannot attend your activity due to Covid-19 restrictions and localised lockdowns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org informing us of this, no later than 48 hours before the start time of your activity and we will issue gift vouchers valid for 12 months for you to select an alternative date at your convenience.
Via Ferrata Xtreme was introduced at Honister in 2012 to bring a much more challenging (and some say scary) Via Ferrata experience. You do need to be reasonably fit and healthy for the Xtreme.
Much more mountain edge exposure, vertical climbs, cliff edge ladders, plus a Burma Bridge & Cargo Net crossing.
Scramble up the huge Cargo net to reach one of the finest views the Lake District has to offer. Buttermere, Crummock and Loweswater, perfectly framed by Alfred Wainwright`s favourite Fells, Haystacks roll’s out before your very eyes. (Views are Weather dependent) Via Ferrata Classic is £40 per person and the Via Ferrata Xtreme is £45 per person.
Please note, arrival time must be 30 minutes in advance of the time you have booked, failure to do so will result in participation forfeit. Honister will not reimburse customers for any consequential losses or expenses.
Due to Covid19 procedures we are running on stricter timings than normal. You must be fit, active and confident about the challenge. If you are a little unsure if our Via Ferrata Xtreme is for you then we would recommend coming to visit us at a later date when our timings are more relaxed.
Please note – masks must be worn inside our building and on all buses when travelling to the start of activities.
- Minimum age 10 years Minimum height 1m 30cm – All Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Winner of the “Cumbria Tourism 2014″ Award
- Winner of the National “ Enjoy England Experience of the Year 2012 “ Award
- 9x higher than Blackpool’s `The Big One` & 7x higher than Big Ben and 2x higher than ‘The Shard’ in London
- Full professionally Guided ascent, secured to the Mountain by cable. See the best view in The Lake District!
- Please come prepared for all weather conditions with waterproofs, gloves and strong footwear. All essential equipment will be provided by Honister on arrival.
- Duration: approximately 3 – 3.5 hours
- Very environmentally friendly. See totally unique Flora and Fauna safely on this “Site of Special Scientific Interest” (SSSI).