What is Via ferrata Xtreme?
Via ferrata xtreme at Honister was introduced in 2012 to provide an adrenaline filled 3 hour activity in the heart of the Lake District without having to travel abroad. No climbing experience is needed to take part in our Via ferrata Xtreme although an average level of fitness is required for this activity as there is mountain edge exposure, vertical ladder climbs, overhang descent, a Burma bridge and a cargo net scramble to finish.
Once completed there is a short scramble to reach one of the finest views the Lake District has to offer. Buttermere, Crummock and Loweswater, perfectly framed by Alfred Wainwright`s favourite Fell, Haystacks roll’s out before your very eyes. (Views are Weather dependent).
Please note, arrival time must be 30 minutes in advance of the time you have booked, failure to do so will result in participation forfeit. Honister will not reimburse customers for any consequential losses or expenses.
- Please note – masks must be worn inside our building and on all buses when travelling to the start of activities.
- Minimum age 10 years Minimum height 1m 30cm – All Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Professionally Guided ascent, secured to the Mountain by cable. See the best view in The Lake District!
- Please come prepared for all weather conditions with waterproofs, gloves and strong footwear. All essential equipment will be provided by Honister on arrival.
- Duration: approximately 3 hours (2 hours climbing)
- Very environmentally friendly. See totally unique Flora and Fauna safely on this “Site of Special Scientific Interest” (SSSI).
- We only cancel in extreme weather conditions. Vouchers will be issued to come back at a later date or Climb the mine can be done as an alternate activity.