Covid-19 Opening Times
Honister Slate Mine’s is open fully from 1st of July.
We have now OPEN all our activities. Perfect for those family groups that want to get outdoors after being cooped up inside.
Please note – masks must be worn inside our building and on all buses when travelling to the start of activities.
The Sky High Cafe will be open from 9am till 5pm for take away coffee, cake and the famous Bacon Butties. YUM! Don’t forget our shop with beautiful gift ideas, maps and all things SLATE.
Looking forward to see you all!
We understand that you may have questions about visiting Honister Slate Mine in light of the latest government update.
Honister Slate Mine can take activity numbers of 6 or more people because we are an approved outdoor physical activity, however there are some changes that you need to be aware of.
Here is some guidance for you:
- A single household group of 6 can visit
- Other groups of up to 6 individuals can book whilst maintaining social distancing.
- We can welcome larger groups from Covid Secure Organisations*, such as schools or work colleagues, so long as the guidance around social distancing is adhered to.
Please be assured that your booking will be going ahead. We are a ‘Covid-19 secure’ business, operating in the outdoors where there is a low risk of transmission.
We have all the necessary steps in place to further reduce that risk.
- Social distancing is built into our operating procedures.
- Increased staff training to ensure all our staff are aware of our Covid measures and can help you during your visit.
- Sanitising stations are available to customers and staff at multiple points throughout our building.
- Our café is open as a takeaway only.
- We have changed the layout of our building to ensure there is safe social distancing throughout.
- For Via Ferrata, Climb the Mine & Infinity Bridge activities we provide you with gloves for your activity, but we encourage you to bring your own, your equipment is all thoroughly sanitised and safe to be used by you for your activity.
- For the Mine Tours, we are running on much smaller numbers than before to enable everyone to safely and comfortably social distance, again all helmets are sanitised and safe to be used.
- Our safety rules and disclaimers are being completed in a designated area to ensure social distancing can be followed.
- Any souvenirs or sundry items you may wish to buy from us on the day can be paid for using all payment methods, they can also be purchased online for collection here.
- Pre-booking limits participant numbers to safely manageable numbers, staggered on timings throughout the day, we strongly recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Our buildings have measures in place to control visitor numbers and we have increased the frequency of cleaning toilets and all areas.
We are open as usual and look forward to welcoming you for an adventure with us soon! But if you have more questions then please email us at email@example.com for further advice.
*A Covid Secure Organisation will have produced a COVID-19 risk assessment to reduce risk to the lowest possible levels by identifying and implementing effective control measures and display a Covid Secure poster in your workplace to show they have followed government guidance on managing COVID-19 transmission risks.