Covid-19 Opening Times
Honister Slate Mine will be open for Via Ferrata Classic, Via Ferrata Xtreme & Infinity Bridge from 29/03/2021.
Perfect for those family groups that want to get outdoors after being cooped up inside.
please note these dates are provisional to the Governments Road Map and may be subject to change.
Please note – masks must be worn inside our building and there will be a brisk 10 minute walk to the start of all activities.
Looking forward to see you all!
We understand that you may have questions about visiting Honister Slate Mine in light of the latest government update.
Here is some guidance for you:
- Please be assured that your booking will be going ahead. We are a ‘Covid-19 secure*’ business, operating in the outdoors where there is a low risk of transmission.
We have all the necessary steps in place to further reduce that risk.
- Social distancing is built into our operating procedures.
- Increased staff training to ensure all our staff are aware of our Covid measures and can help you during your visit.
- Sanitizing stations are available to customers and staff at multiple points throughout our building.
- Our café is open as a takeaway only.
- We have changed the layout of our building to ensure there is safe social distancing throughout.
- For Via Ferrata, Climb the Mine & Infinity Bridge activities we provide you with gloves for your activity, but we encourage you to bring your own, your equipment is all thoroughly sanitized and safe to be used by you for your activity.
- For the Mine Tours, we are running on much smaller numbers than before to enable everyone to safely and comfortably social distance, again all helmets are sanitized and safe to be used.
- Our safety rules and disclaimers are being completed in a designated area to ensure social distancing can be followed.
- Any souvenirs or sundry items you may wish to buy from us on the day can be paid for using all payment methods, they can also be purchased online for collection here.
- Pre-booking limits participant numbers to safely manageable numbers, staggered on timings throughout the day, we strongly recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Our buildings have measures in place to control visitor numbers and we have increased the frequency of cleaning toilets and all areas.
We will be open as usual and look forward to welcoming you for an adventure with us soon! But if you have more questions then please email us at email@example.com for further advice.
*A Covid Secure Organisation will have produced a COVID-19 risk assessment to reduce risk to the lowest possible levels by identifying and implementing effective control measures and display a Covid Secure poster in your workplace to show they have followed government guidance on managing COVID-19 transmission risks.